The University Library’s vision is to be the primary and foremost source/vessel of reliable information for the University Community in its quest to realise its noble vision concerning teaching, research and community services.
The Library set out to provide information services to meet the intellectual needs of members of the University community; and make information seeking activity most rewarding and enjoyable for various categories of users in the community. The Library’s aim is to promote greater utilization of library services for research.
- The University Library goals include but are not limited to the following:
- To make the library collection rich, adequate and a pride of the University.
- To render more friendly services to meet user needs.
- To provide documentation services on results of local research in order to improve the university’s participation in the two-way flow of research results, and the visibility of the library.
- To take information products and services to the users’ bases, wherever they may be.
- To establish and instill a culture of on-line searching in users.
- To automate major library processes, so that performing library activities are faster, easier and more convenient for users and library personnel.
- To provide a 24-hour reading services in the library.